The channels in our Discord server got a redesign
·Feb 23, 2023·
2 min read
Our Discord server got a makeover. We now have more than 200 feeds coming from Twitter, GitHub, GitLabs, and other places.
While the Discussion and Company categories are unchanged, the other channels and categories had a complete redesign and now are better organized. They also sport some additions.
Among other things:
- #wireless-security-feeds: News from WiFi/wireless security researchers.
- #convention-feeds: Updates from information security conventions around the world such as Def Con, BlackHat, RSA, Security BSides, Def Con groups, Brucon, and so on.
- #tools-releases: New releases from WiFi/wireless security tools.
- #pentest-distro: Updates from penetration testing distributions with Kali, Pentoo, and BlackArch.
- #cve: CVEs
- #linux-wireless-ml: Updates from the Linux-Wireless Mailing list
- #linux-wireless-wiki: Changes from the Linux-Wireless wiki.
It gets updates from a number of open source projects in the field of WiFi security and wireless security. Some of them:
- hostapd (and wpa_supplicant)
- john the ripper
This category is split in various sections with updates coming from the Kali team in their GitLab repository:
- Build scripts
Updates from Pentoo development. Among other things:
- Overlay, that contains all the packages/recipes that makes up Pentoo,
- Live CD